Hi there. It’s been a while since I’ve written. It was even one of my major goals during 2017 that I would write more. My excuse for not writing is that life got in the way. I’ve rationalized all of my excuses, when really… life hasn’t gotten away. I’m just fucking lazy. There. That’s the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I’m fucking lazy.
Last year, I said I was going to do this and that and this! It’s gonna be an awesome 2017! I’m going to get my shit together. I’m going to be one of those super organized people who are constantly motivated! YEAH!
Nope. It did not happen.
I was able to change a few of my habits. I downsized my closet significantly. It is now a quarter smaller than before. I have less shoes, less jewelry, less everything. I’ve either sold or donated furniture that I no longer use. I’m still getting rid of things I no longer need/use. I’ll use SWAP or Poshmark to sell items, while the rest I’ll use Facebook Market or donate.
The downsizing of stuff actually makes me feel less stressed. I don’t have to worry about where shit goes or what to do with something. Plus, I just fucking hate clutter. It looks terrible and it causes me stress just looking at it.
Instead of purchasing beauty products, I’ve decided to use what I own. Once I’ve used up the product, then I’ll simply replace it with a similar product that I’ve been dying to try. If I don’t like that product, then I’ll keep using it anyways as to not produce unwanted waste. I’ve been trying to be very conscientious about this.
I started incorporating healthier foods into my diet. My breakfast usually consist of two eggs and one or two cups of spinach or cauliflower with turmeric powder. Or some other variation of two eggs with veggies and turmeric powder. I’ll also order some Harvest Bowls from Daily Harvest. These things are delicious!! I haven’t tried their other products, but I plan to try their smoothie during summer. I’ll also make my own Matcha Green Tea Coconut Milk Latte. I feel if I have a healthy breakfast, then it makes up for the crap I might ingest during the day; like chocolate. Don’t judge.
There are two habits that I would love to incorporate into my life. Exercising and saving money. I’m not so sure why exercising and saving money is such a challenge for me. When I do have the opportunity to save money, I tend to blow it all on … I don’t even know what I’ve spent it all on; and exercising, for me, is just not fun and exciting.
2018 Goals – Starting Today
1. Budget – be a bit more conscientious about how much I spend and what I spend my money on. In fact, I might hold you readers accountable to hold ME accountable for all my goals.
2. Put away $200-$300/mo into my son’s college fund.
3. I signed up for 75 kickboxing classes, which I will be taking 1 -2 times a week. Kickboxing class is really expensive!
4. Do 25 – 30min. circuit training 3-4 times a week at home.
5. Try to do the David Ramsey thing and set aside an immediate emergency fund of $1000. I think I can do this within a month to a month and a half.
6. Any extra income left over after bills will go towards three types of savings account.
a. Retirement supplement account.
b. 6-month emergency unemployment fund (I think this would be great to finally have if I ever lose my current job).
c. House purchasing account – I would really love to own my own house.
7. I might take a look at my 401k and up the contributions.
8. Continue to incorporate healthy eating habits.
9. Continue to incorporate a more minimalistic lifestyle.
10. Try to fucking blog more. I know, I keep saying this…
11. This goes against the whole budget thing, but I would really love to update my wardrobe with nicer and classic pieces from time to time. I do have to admit, I feel like I have spent quite a bit during Christmas on clothing. Except, I feel as though I didn’t really buy a whole lot. I also did try to get items that were the EXTRA __% off Sale Items.
a. Also, while updating my wardrobe, I plan on removing an old item when I purchase a new item, so I won’t clutter my closet again.
12. If I do indulge in spending money for my kid, I will spend it on educational items.
I think that’s all I have. All in all, I’m just adding two lifestyle changes. Two really tough lifestyle changes for myself. In fact, I might hold you readers accountable to hold ME accountable for all my goals. I would love to write about my progress each month, but only if you’re going to read it. This will also help me write more.
Love this post? Let me know.